2021 was a year of tremendous growth at Kenco. We consistently push for innovation and constant improvement to remain optimized during demanding times. Inventive new technological solutions, strong partnerships, and the guidance of our industry experts enabled us to finish the year strong. Revisit some of our proudest moments of 2021 with us below.
A New Proprietary Technology Solution
At the start of 2021, Kenco announced the launch of Kenco FleetCloud™, our proprietary telematics solution that streamlines material handling equipment (MHE) processes and monitors equipment performance to drive efficiency, safety, and compliance.
Throughout the year, Kenco collaborated with a number of valuable partners to bring continued innovation to the supply chain. Our partnership with Phantom Auto brought remotely operated forklifts to Kenco Innovation Labs, and we leveraged Soter Analytics’ Clip&Go wearable technology to improve warehouse safety and reduce hazardous movements for our associates. We also continued to help our customers succeed with solutions such as custom fulfillment processes with condiment company Fly By Jing and a multi-site fulfillment partnership with natural soap company Dr. Squatch.
New Real Estate
In May, Kenco announced the opening of a new 397,000 square-foot multi-client distribution center in Perris, CA. The facility is sized and located to meet customer expectations, support robust supply chains, and drive growth. Kenco was also proud to partner with sustainable foods customer, Oatly, to build a new warehouse in Salt Lake City, UT that supports green operations. The new facility enables Oatly to meet consumer demand in North America and reach its sustainability goals.
Kenco released its fourth annual State of Supply Chain Innovation Survey, which serves as an industry overview providing insight into how leading supply chain professionals are investing, innovating, and growing. This year’s report uncovered five key themes: supply chain visibility technology; predictive and adaptive analytics; the unstoppable rise of eCommerce; the role of 3PLs in the supply chain; and robotics, automation, and emerging solutions.
We continued to invest in the people that make Kenco thrive. As we strive towards a more inclusive and equitable workforce, we’ve continued to grow and support our employee resource groups such as KWIC (Kenco Women Igniting Change) and LIFT (Leveraging Inclusion for Transformation). In August, our Diversity & Inclusion team also launched HEROES (Honor, Empower, Resource, Outreach, Engagement, Service), whose mission is to foster positive interactions among Kenco veterans and those invested in the military community.
A Year of Industry Recognition
Kenco is proud to have earned recognition from key industry publications in 2021. Notable acknowledgments and awards include:
- 2021 Top 10 3PL Excellence Awards: Kenco received recognition as the third-ranked 3PL in Inbound Logistics’ 2021 Top 10 3PL Excellence Awards. This marks our ninth consecutive year of inclusion.
- Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation: The Women in Trucking Association honored Kenco on its list of Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation for the third year in a row. The award honors leaders in gender diversity and equity.
- 2022 FreightTech 100: Kenco made FreightTech’s list of top 100 companies, which honors innovation and disruption within the freight industry.
- Top 75 Green Supply Chain Partners: Inbound Logistics selected Kenco as one of 75 supply chain partners that goes above and beyond to make their supply chains sustainable and environmentally friendly.
- Outstanding IEOM Data Analytics/Data Science Award: As a result of our partnership with industry-leading prescriptive analytics solution DaVinci AI, Kenco was honored with the Outstanding IEOM Data Analytics/Data Science Award by IEOM Society at the International Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Conference.
The Year Ahead
At Kenco, we’re proud of what we accomplished in 2021 with the help of our customers, employees, and partners — and we look forward to continued innovation and growth in 2022. To learn more about Kenco’s unique and customized offerings, explore our Services page.